Here's some important rules for the Little Sesame Earth Day 5K:
- Maintain social distance and follow safety protocols as recommended by your local government
- Only run with others in your household and avoid running through high density neighborhoods
- Please don’t try any remote or risky runs that might divert healthcare professionals if something goes wrong
We appreciate your participation! If you have any questions, comments or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Terms of Service
Last Revised: April 20th, 2020
Warning: Read Carefully. These Terms of Service include a release of liability and waiver of legal rights.
LS Events, LLC d/b/a Little Sesame Events (“LS Events”) provides this website and permits you to sign up for and participate in the “Earth Day Virtual 5K” (the “Virtual Group Run”) subject to your compliance with the notices, terms, and conditions set forth in these Terms of Service (“Terms”) and in other legal notices on this website (including the Rules).
By proceeding past the home page of this website or signing up for or participating in the Virtual Group Run, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by such notices, terms, and conditions.
Participation by LS Events
The Virtual Group Run is organized and hosted by LS Events. LS Events is a third party which has licensed the trademarks of Little Sesame, Inc. (“Little Sesame”).
While LS Events is an affiliate of Little Sesame, Little Sesame is not directly involved, or responsible for, the Virtual Group Run.
Little Sesame is not responsible for, and shall have no liability arising from, the Virtual Group Run.
Representations & Warranties
In consideration of LS Events permitting you to sign up for and participate in the Virtual Group Run, you, for yourself and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors, and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations and warranties:
- Compliance with the Rules. You covenant and agree to comply with the Rules.
- Solo Participation. You covenant, understand and agree that this event is an online organized gathering of individuals and not an organized run. You acknowledge you are running by yourself on a course you designed by yourself with no input or guidance from LS Events. When you embark the run you understand that you will be running by yourself and have no expectation of any assistance from LS Events during the Virtual Group Run.
- Personal Health. You hereby represent that you are in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Virtual Group Run and that it is your sole responsibility to determine whether you are sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Virtual Group Run.
- Responsibility for Virtual Group Run and Safety. You hereby agree that you are solely responsible mapping and planning the course of your run, ensuring that your route will permit you to comply with adequate social-distancing requirements, and ensuring the safety of your run, both of yourself and others.
Activities Acknowledgement.You understand and acknowledge inherent dangers associated with the Virtual Group Run. You understand that your attendance or participation in either involves risks and dangers which include, without limitation:
- The potential for serious bodily injury (up to and including loss of life) and/or loss of or damage to property arising from exercising including, without limitation, those related to vehicular traffic and urban areas;
- Dangers arising from adverse weather conditions and/or human error;
- Inadequate safety measures; and
- Other undefined risks and dangers which may not be readily foreseeable or are presently unknown.
The foregoing items shall hereinafter be referred to as the “Risks.” You hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses, or expenses which you incur as a result of your participation in the Virtual Group Run, irrespective of whether any risk or damage is caused, in whole or in part, by the actions or inactions of any party, including the Released Parties (as defined below).
Release, Waivers & Indemnity
You hereby release, waive, and covenant not to sue, and further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless LS Events and Little Sesame, together with their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, and volunteers (hereinafter “Released Parties”), with respect to any liability, claim(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss, or expense, including court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees of any kind or nature (hereinafter “Liability”) which may arise out of, result from, or relating to:
- The Risks set forth above;
- Any person’s breach of or failure to comply with these Terms, the Rules, or instructions of LS Events, or applicable law;
- Any injury to any person during the course of or related to the Virtual Group Run; or
- You signing up for or participating in the Virtual Group Run, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties.
You further agree that if, despite these Terms, you, or anyone on your behalf, make a claim for Liability against a Released Party, you will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liability which may be incurred as a result of such a claim.
In no event shall the Released Parties’ have any liability to you, for any reason.
You acknowledge and agree that, regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action that you may have arising out, relating to, or connected with these Terms or the Virtual Group Run must be filed within one calendar year of such claim or cause of action arising, or forever be barred.
Changes to Terms
LS Events may make changes to these Terms at any time. Changes will be effective upon the posting of a revised statement of these Terms on the website. You must periodically review these Terms to ensure your knowledge of any such changes.
Your continued participation in the Virtual Group Run constitutes your acceptance of the Terms, as modified, on the day of the Virtual Group Run.
Severability. If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable to any extent, the provision shall be enforced to the fullest extent permissible and/or reformed to effect as nearly as possible the intent of the parties as expressed herein, and the other provisions shall remain fully effective.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms shall be governed by Virginia law, without regard to or application of choice of law rules or principles. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts serving Fairfax County, Virginia for all disputes arising under these Terms or related to the Event or Activities.
Enforcement Costs. In any action or proceeding arising under or in connection with these Terms, the Event, or the Activities, you shall reimburse the Released Parties from all costs reasonably incurred, including fees of attorneys, expert witnesses, and consultants.
Force Majeure. The Released Parties shall have no liability whatsoever for delays or interruptions of the Event or Activities due to fire, explosion, lightning, power surge or failure, water, acts of God, war, civil disturbance, terrorism, acts or omissions of communications carriers, or other causes beyond the Released Parties’ reasonable control.
Waiver. LS Events’ failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any particular term or condition shall not constitute a waiver of any other term or condition or a continuing waiver of the same term or condition.
Headings. The section headings in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Questions And Comments. Questions and comments regarding this website or any associated services should be addressed to email@example.com