Last Revised: March 5, 2019
Warning: Read Carefully. These Terms of Service include a release of liability and waiver of legal rights.
LS Events, LLC d/b/a Little Sesame Events (“LS Events”) provides this website and sells you a ticket to an event subject to your compliance with the notices, terms, and conditions set forth in these Terms of Service (“Terms”) and in other legal notices on this website.
By proceeding past the home page of this website, purchasing tickets for, or attending “Wild Sesame” any other event hosted by LS Events (each an “Event”), you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by such notices, terms, and conditions.
Events Hosted by LS Events
Wild Sesame and all other Events are hosted, operated and managed by LS Events, all tickets are sold by LS Events, and all services are provided by LS Events.
LS Events is a third party which has licensed the trademarks of Little Sesame, Inc. (“Little Sesame”).
While LS Events is an affiliate of Little Sesame, Little Sesame is not directly involved, or responsible for, any such Event.
Little Sesame is not responsible for, and shall have no liability arising from, Wild Sesame or any other Event.
Non-Refundable, Rain or Shine
The tickets you are purchasing are non-refundable. You may not cancel your reservation or receive a refund of your purchase. The Event will be held, rain or shine. If you for any reason cannot or chose not to attend the Event, you will not be entitled to any refund or credit.
Tickets and Event Details
You have purchased your ticket and your place is reserved upon receipt of your payment. This payment must be made by credit card through this website. Your ticket is not confirmed until LS Events receives payment and you have received confirmation of your ticket by email.
LS Events reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make any changes to the Event, including without limitation, changes to the itinerary, activities, date, time, or location of the Event. Little Sesame reserves the right to cancel the Event in its sole discretion.
To the extent it deems necessary or appropriate, LS Events reserves the right to change the specific ticket/product you have purchased.
Representations & Warranties
In consideration of LS Events selling you the ticket and permitting you to attend the Event and participate in the activities associated with the Event (the “Activities”), you, for yourself and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors, and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations and warranties:
Personal Health. You hereby represent that you are in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Activities, as they are described in the materials provided by LS Events or at the Event, and that it is your sole responsibility to determine whether you are sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Activities.
- Activities Acknowledgement. You understand and acknowledge the Event and Activities are inherently dangerous. You understand that your attendance or participation in either involves risks and dangers which include, without limitation:
- (a) the potential for serious bodily injury (up to and including loss of life) and/or loss of or damage to property;
- (b) exposure to wilderness, including, without limitation, wildfire, wildlife, and wild animal attacks;
- (c) lack of sufficient wilderness survival skills;
- (d) dangers arising from adverse weather conditions, equipment failure, and/or human error;
- (e) inadequate safety measures;
- (f) dangers arising from your conduct and/or the conduct of other attendees and participants of varying skill levels;
- (g) situations beyond the immediate control of LS Events; and
- (h) other undefined risks and dangers which may not be readily foreseeable or are presently unknown.
The foregoing items shall hereinafter be referred to as the “Risks.” You hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses, or expenses which you incur as a result of your attendance at the Event or participation in the Activities, irrespective of whether any risk or damage is caused, in whole or in part, by the actions or inactions of any party, including the Released Parties (as defined below).
Third Party Accommodations. You understand and agree that LS Events (a) has rented accommodations for the event from Getaway House, Inc. (“Getaway”), and (b) has no knowledge of and makes no representation or warranty regarding, and has no responsibility for, the safety of the structure or location of the accommodations.
- Rules and Compliance. You hereby represent that you:
- (a) will comply with all rules or instructions of LS Events and Getaway, including those distributed to you or placed in your accommodation;
- (b) will comply with Getaway’s Terms and Conditions (“Getaway’s Terms”);
- (c) will comply with all applicable laws;
- (d) are at least 21 years of age;
- (e) will not cause any damage to Getaway’s accommodations or property;
- (f) will not cause any unreasonable disturbance;
- (g) will not use illegal substances during the Event;
- (h) will not bring pets or weapons to the Event;
- (i) will not bring or use illegal substances at the Event; and
- (j) will not participate in the Event while impaired by drugs, alcohol, ill health, or other disability.
Release, Waivers & Indemnity
You hereby release, waive, and covenant not to sue, and further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless LS Events, Little Sesame, and Getaway, together with their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, and volunteers (hereinafter “Released Parties”), with respect to any liability, claim(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss, or expense, including court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees of any kind or nature (hereinafter “Liability”) which may arise out of, result from, or relating to:
- (a) the Risks set forth above;
- (b) any person’s breach of or failure to comply with these Terms, Getaway’s Terms, the rules or instructions of Getaway or LS Events, or applicable law;
- (c) any damage to property belonging to Getaway or any another party;
- (d) any injury to any person during the course of or related to the Event or Activities; or
- (e) your attending the Event or participating in the Activities, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties.
You further agree that if, despite these Terms, you, or anyone on your behalf, make a claim for Liability against a Released Party, you will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liability which may be incurred as a result of such a claim.
In no event shall the Released Parties’ total liability to you, for any reason, exceed the purchase price of your ticket.
You acknowledge and agree that, regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action that you may have arising out, relating to, or connected with these Terms, the Event, or the Activities must be filed within one calendar year of such claim or cause of action arising, or forever be barred.
Changes to Terms
LS Events may make changes to these Terms at any time. Changes will be effective upon the posting of a revised statement of these Terms on the website. You must periodically review these Terms to ensure your knowledge of any such changes.
Your continued participation in the Event constitutes your acceptance of the Terms, as modified, on the day of the Event.
Severability. If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable to any extent, the provision shall be enforced to the fullest extent permissible and/or reformed to effect as nearly as possible the intent of the parties as expressed herein, and the other provisions shall remain fully effective.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms shall be governed by Virginia law, without regard to or application of choice of law rules or principles. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts serving Fairfax County, Virginia for all disputes arising under these Terms or related to the Event or Activities.
Enforcement Costs. In any action or proceeding arising under or in connection with these Terms, the Event, or the Activities, you shall reimburse the Released Parties from all costs reasonably incurred, including fees of attorneys, expert witnesses, and consultants.
Force Majeure. The Released Parties shall have no liability whatsoever for delays or interruptions of the Event or Activities due to fire, explosion, lightning, power surge or failure, water, acts of God, war, civil disturbance, terrorism, acts or omissions of communications carriers, or other causes beyond the Released Parties’ reasonable control.
Headings. The headings contained herein are for convenience of reference only and shall not limit or otherwise affect the meaning hereof.
Waiver. LS Events’ failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any particular term or condition shall not constitute a waiver of any other term or condition or a continuing waiver of the same term or condition.
Headings. The section headings in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Questions and Comments. Questions and comments regarding this website or any associated services should be addressed to Events@eatlittlesesame.com.